Cumnor recently completed Masonry Repairs to Newfoundwell Viaduct for Iarnród Éirean.
Newfoundwell Viaduct, is a five span masonry arch viaduct bridge over the R166 road.
The works included:
- Encapsulating scaffolding on side elevations and underside of the bridge and provide full containment.
- Clearing ballast, spoil, bolts, vegetation, rubbish from bridge generally.
- Undertaking masonry repointing and rebuilding of masonry sections of bridge.
- Undertaking masonry repairs to string course and string course supports.
- Reconstruction of masonry piers and parapet.
- Stitching of concrete coping stones.
Cumnor Construction Ltd were the Main Contractor and PSCS for this contract.